Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Arriving Back Home:

INT. BAR - DAY

TATE
So, welcome home.

GREG
Thanks.

SUPERIMPOSE --

MADISON, WISCONSIN

TATE
So, how are the "twins" treating
you? I hear that place is, like,
fucking crazy.

GREG
Yea

TATE
What are you doing later, man?

GREG
No real plans. I'm just in town
for the weekend...

TATE
You should come out with the old
crew. We probably will just end
up back here tonight when the DJ
is in the building.

GREG
Yeah, maybe I will... I have some
people to see and some stuff to
take care of...

4.


TATE
What is the deal man... You seem
pretty distant and not very
interested in hanging out with
the best friend you haven't seen
in ages? You know you can tell me
anything... We have been friends
for years. What is the deal?

GREG
Tate, I really don't have a firm
grip on what the issue is. All I
know is that I "have issues." I
ran away from my problems by
moving up north thinking that it
would solve everything. That has
not been the case. I still think
of everything that happened down
here and the shit continues to
roll down hill. I stopped
talking to my biological father's
side of my family and now he is
gone. I haven't seen anyone on
that side in years... Except for
my cousin, Katie and the last
time I saw her... She drop-kicked
me in the face.

TATE
Why the hell did she drop kick
you in the face? That is fucking
hilar-

GREG
Shut the hell up! It wasn't funny...

TATE
You sure? Cuz I think it is
pretty humorous. I can't help
but put us off track for a second
and ask for a recap of the "drop-
kicking."

GREG
Fine... So... I'm standing here
next to Jason one night. DJ Jeff
is playing requests... I see her
walk in the door and I am
thinking "Shit... I hope she
doesn't see me."

INT. BAR - NIGHT

Music is playing. People are dancing.

5.


IN THIS FLASHBACK, WE SEE KATIE WALK INTO THE DOOR. SHE SEES
GREG. GREG PROVIDES A NARRATION VOICE OVER OF THE SCENE

GREG (VO)
So anyway, she sees me... walks
over and starts talking to me and
then...

FLASHBACK SCENE IS NOW 15 MINUTES AFTER KATIES ARRIVAL. SHE
IS DANCING TO A SONG. GREG IS LOOKING IN THE OPPOSITE
DIRECTION TALKING TO HIS FRIEND JASON. ALL OF A SUDDEN AS
THE CAMERA IS FACING GREG, A FOOT COMES INTO THE FRAME AND
MAKES CONTACT WITH GREG'S FACE. GREG IS PROVIDING NARRATION
VOICE OVER WHILE THIS SCENE HAPPENS

GREG (VO)
Then I am just standing at the
table, drinking a Leinies and
talking to Jason when all of a
sudden a foot makes contact with
my face... My head snaps over to
the side and i stumble into a
pillar while Jason chuckles...

INT. BAR -DAY

Back to present day. Greg and Tate continue talking.

TATE
That is flippin' hilarious! Oh
my god! Histerical!

GREG
Whatever man... I gotta finish
this beer and go pick up Kayla so
that I have a companion at the
service. If I even go...

TATE
What? You better go! He was your
father, Greg. There is no way
around that. He may not have
been there for you much. But he
did love you and if he were alive
and you were gone he would go to
your service!

GREG
I don't think he would. I don't
think he would know. If he cared
to know anything about me he
could have always asked for my
contact info.
(MORE)

6.


GREG (CONT'D)
But he didn't. I know I should
be sad about this and deep down I
am and it is probably a big issue
in my list of issues but I am
trying to deal with it with a bit
of humor. It is how I deal with
bad situations... I try to laugh.

TATE
I know you do man. I know. But
just get Kayla, go to the service,
and then call me when you get
done so we can have some fun...

GREG
You know something Tate?

TATE
What?

GREG
If my life were a movie It would
be hard to tell if it should be
classified as a comedy or a
drama... It would probably be a
dramady... Like the O.C.

TATE
Well, you may be right... Now go
take care of the drama!







DISSOLVE TO:

No comments: