Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Picking Up the Pieces:

EXT. CEMETERY - DAY

Greg and his date (Kayla) sit in the car on the road in the
cemetery. The camera pans out as Greg stares blankly toward
his fathers service which is taking place.

GREG (O.S.)
I can't do it... I just can not
gather up the brass to get out of
this car and face family that I
haven't seen in years.

7.


KAYLA (O.S.)
Well, just wait til the end of
the service and then get out once
people start leaving. I think
they know you are here. They
probably see us already.

Camera is now back on Greg and Kayla. They remain in the
car but the camera is on them from the exterior.

GREG
I don't think they would say two
words to me if I walked down
there. I think they would turn
their noses up to me because they
think I abandoned them. No, they
abandoned me. And for what? For
what? A stupid name? I they
thought that because I changed my
last name that I was somehow no
longer a part of the family? I
wasn't adopted into a new family.
I was still a member of the
Stephenson family. My birth
certificate still says Greg
Stephenson! Names are just words!
I'm still blood! This family and
I have the same blood! I would
never abandon someone of the same
bloodline over a stupid name change.



FADE OUT.

No comments: